This tool is related to the original Groovin' Piping Trimming Tool but grooves are deeper and wider in order to accommodate bigger cording ... up to 3/16" in diameter. This heavier piping/cording is suited to pillows, tote bags, and home dec items more than quilts. (We are forever reducing bulk in quilts and big cording causes bulges which are not desirable in quilts.)
If you've been frustrated with inconsistent seam allowances on piping then you will appreciate the Groovin' Piping Trimming Tool GRANDE. Place this tool over sewn piping with the cording trapped in a groove and cut beside the tool with a rotary cutter.
- includes card with detailed instructions
- two grooves provide 1/4" and 1/2" seam allowances
- tool is 11.5" in length so 400" of piping can be trimmed in 20 minutes
- use any size rotary cutter: 28mm, 45mm or 60mm (not rotary cutter included)
- turn tool for left handed use